Sunday, October 9, 2011

Point and shoot

Inspired by this excellent post from David duChemin I dug through my old equipment storage and found an Ixus 750 that has seen very little use since my Australia trip many years back. During a run today I shot the photos below as an experiment, quickly and without stopping.





In general, I want to increase both the number of photos I take and the amount of feedback received in combination with a travelling lifestyle. I did the same in the military by taking a small APS camera with me to places where all other equipment would be either too big or too delicate. Further - these smaller, quicker digital shots allow for easy sharing and it's really fun to shoot them off to friends through e.g WhatsApp on the phone.

It is also neat to try out some of the more insane post processing alternatives to simply learn what works and what doesn't. Will most definitely use this as an optional way of bringing photography into the average day.

No comments:

Post a Comment